8th Annual 5K Run/Walk Benefiting the Bruce Eckrote Memorial Fund
Race Day Details
August 20, 2010Posted by on
The forecast for Saturday looks great! Low 70’s and sunny at race time. Below please find important info for the event, including times, race course, parking, etc. We appreciate your registration and look forward to seeing you Saturday. If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
REGISTRATION & DETAILS:
– Packet pick-up and day-of registration is available on the school fields.
– There will be a pre-race warm-up at 8:30am for those that are interested.
– Refreshments and music will be available all morning.
– The run/walk will begin promptly at 9:00am! There will be announcements and volunteers guiding participants to the start line.
– Runners should go towards the front of the start line, and walkers should stay in the back.
– There will be cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, and other prizes for winners (male and female) in each age category; announced at approximately 10:30am.
– Registration and start/stop takes place at Packanack Elementary School (190 Oakwood Drive, Wayne, NJ 07470)
– There is parking available at the school; enter lots through Ratzer Road. Overflow parking is available on the side streets.
– Here is a map of the course: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/nj/wayne/214128219054433763
– The start is on Lake Drive East by the school, and ending is on the pavement of the school. We’ll be running clockwise around Packanack Lake, with a slight detour at the beginning through a neighborhood.
– Please stay to the outer side of the road and remember that we’ll be sharing the road with vehicles– run against traffic.
– There is one hill at the beginning of the course. Once you get past that, it’s a nice rolling course.
– There will be volunteers at all turns in the course, as well as bright orange arrows. Police will also be present throughout the course.
– There’s a water station in front of the firehouse (right past the golf course/baseball fields).
– There will be an EMT present– please let a volunteer know if you need assistance.
BIG THANKS TO OUR 2010 SPONSORS:
GenPro Transportation, East Rutherford, NJ
Gensinger Motors, Inc., Clifton, NJ
Wayne Police Athletic League, Wayne, NJ
Paul J. Curreri, Esq., Totowa, NJ
Spivak Lighting, Fair Lawn, NJ
EXCEL Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Oakland, Fort Lee, Hackensack, Waldwick, NJ
TNT Design, Inc., Virginia/Nationwide